Wednesday, June 17, 2015

year 3.
i'm still very grateful.
trauma brain is still real. this blog helps me remember what i went through.


#tbt:
so for anti nausea I ate umeboshi plums. they are nasty but seriously helped the nausea. they have them at whole foods and lots of places in chinatown.... http://www.amazon.com/Eden-Umeboshi-Plums-7-Ounce-Packages/dp/B001ELL3M8
also wore seabands:
http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Band-Adult-Wristband-Color-1-Pair/dp/B001F731N0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366379060&sr=8-1&keywords=seaband
FOOD:
I did what Jeffrey Yuen told me as far as diet. Ralph Roberts is also good with herbs and diet... Different people/cancers may need slightly different things (as i ate no soy) but basically they should be similar...no sugar in any form (the only fruit I ate were berries for the first year), no wheat/gluten/potato/corn (basically brown rice, quinoa or buckwheat), no dairy (eggs are ok), no bottom feeding fish, organic as much as possible. For summer juicing is good. For winter steaming or stewing is better. Eating raw non-juiced is sometimes hard on your system to break down, and thus uses energy that should go to boosting your immune system...(i didnt eat anything raw the whole year), no caffeine or carcinogens (but green tea was ok). lots and lots of water- seltzer was good for the nausea. And I took chinese herbs as prescribed. For the first 6 months I also took a huge load of vitamins as per some books I was reading- self prescribed- my chinese doctor said it was fine but not so necessary if i did the diet and herbs right.

STRESS:
absolutely as essential as diet i believe. i had to come up with a simple response for people and also had other people act as my communicators to create boundaries for me and to make only positivity and optimism surround me. Even when my friends did that fundraiser, I was very minimally involved so to reduce stress. As I mentioned, I had a health calendar for my friends who wanted to help, cook or clean for me, come with me to treatment or drive me there or back.
I meditated with a guide about three times a week, saw a therapist, acupuncturist and massage therapist once a week each. It really did eat up all of my time, but it was all focused on my healing.

BOOKS:
All should be available at the public library. As I mentioned, there are so many philosophies that contradict eachother. It was overwhelming to me. For me, I ended up avoiding most internet info except for regards to asking my doctor about trials and side effects of what she prescribed. I did however use these books and tried to listen to my instinct on what felt right for me...
Jeffrey Yuen recommended this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Cancer-Free-Guide-Gentle-Non-toxic-Healing/dp/1601451830/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1366379243&sr=1-1&keywords=cancer-free+your+guide+to+gentle



No comments:

Post a Comment