Thursday, March 8, 2012

Today is Women's Day

Today is Women's Day.  I am happy to share with you that an hour ago I completed my chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer. And I received the results of a normal mammogram. And its sunny and warm outside for the first time in months.  I am normally a very private person but through this treatment realize how important it is to be open with this process for many reasons.

I was also denied a Pt CT Scan that my radiologist needs to proceed with radiation therapy. It is amazing how someone like me with insurance ends up having to pay for so much out of pocket. It may have been easier to have no insurance because I think Medicare covers more... My social worker at the hospital said I am in a difficult situation... not earning little enough to justify so many grants or medicare but not earning enough to pay for the coinsurance, copays, rx and things that are not covered like anesthesiology and scans and egg freezing and acupuncture (ironically enough since my insurance comes from my job at an acupuncture school). So much money.

thus fundraiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment